Amidst a recent acquisition spree, the consumer banking landscape has become more complex and the client’s IT priorities have shifted. A new, cohesive, consumer-centric technology strategy and IT roadmap for the Consumer Bank was needed to clearly articulate the vision, design, and plan for enabling core digitization, national expansion, scaling growth, and deepening relationships.
We developed an actionable IT strategy for realizing a customer relationship-driven vision of banking. Leveraging stakeholder interviews, we conducted an assessment of current-state technology and business goals and crafted a target state vision, architecture, operating model and set of core capabilities to guide transformation.
- Engineering Strategic Charter. Documented a common understanding of the goals, values, strengths, weaknesses and expectations to inform the development and measurement of the consumer technology strategy.
- Proto-personas. Created a set of three proto-personas to support the strategic alignment of the consumer tech strategy to user-centric perspectives
- Consumer Banking Target State Design. Defined the conceptual architecture, including identification of key cross-consumer platforms and capabilities needed to enable a consistent, intelligence-fueled customer and colleague experience.
- Multi-Speed Operating Model. Proposed a multi-speed operating model to balance speed and quality in the acceleration of innovation while driving end-to-end delivery excellence across teams.
- Consumer Technology Initiatives and Roadmap. Provided organizational recommendations and a sequencing of key initiatives to prepare the organization for mobilization of the consumer technology strategy and the road to customer centricity.