After several years of a highly decentralized technology operating model, the technology, its architecture, and data governance had become highly fractured for this $28B+ firm, creating open audit risks and potential compliance issues. Thousands of systems and hundreds of platforms spanning from on-premise data centers to multiple clouds lacked an overarching strategy to manage data trust and especially DDI for the firm in a consistent fashion across its technology landscape.
We were brought in to define the enterprise-wide strategy for managing digital trust and DDI. We took a truly 360-degree approach that encompassed evaluating and defining strategies for the people, processes, tools, organizational structures, technical architectures, capability roadmap, detailed recommendations, change and program management, operating model changes, and implications for governance, risk, and compliance (GRC).
- Digital trust and DDI strategy. Established an enterprise-wide strategy emphasizing core audit issue resolution and risk management while adopting a holistic approach to enhance security, agility, and seamless data privacy.
- Roadmap to Future Success. Developed a plan to fix enterprise-wide root issues by enlisting executive support, defining a strong governance model, extending existing frameworks, incorporating requirements into adjacent transformational programs, and pivoting to product orientation and cross functional team delivery.
- Better Handled Test Data. Identified tooling gaps to build towards a platform for test data management to source, protect, and control test data.
- Expanded Cyber & Privacy Governance. Ensured decision-making and data use was aligned to a common set of security & reliability norms across the enterprise.
- Informed & Supported Delivering New Ways of Working. Provided a strong underpinning for the firm’s business transformation by shifting the focus to new ways of working and ensuring secure and reliable data.
- Methodically Removed Roadblocks. Gave developers full support in reducing insecure data dependencies while tightly integrating future cloud native development frameworks.